View JavaScript? (was Re: lynx-dev euc-jp pages never display)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: View JavaScript? (was Re: lynx-dev euc-jp pages never display)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:17:40 -0700

At 10:45a -0400 05/19/2002, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

 > hmm - my setup just offers me the opportunity to download the page (not
 > what I would want, either).

....to answer the question - you have to set the "Display character set"
to "Japanese (EUC-JP)", e.g., in the options menu (or some purists would
insist that you edit lynx.cfg ;-)

I want to view JavaScript files; I don't think this would help for that,
as JS doesn't have a specific character set.

I have to download the JS file, and then open it locally. It would really
be helpful if Lynx would offer to display the raw contents as well as to
download. Perhaps we could have a config setting like "Viewable MIME types"?
I assume Lynx already has such a list internally, so externalizing it ought
to be fairly simple.

thank you,
-Walter