Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:19:13 +0100

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:16:21AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> w3m is connecting without using a PORT command.  I don't see any clues in
> the strace, but see it going directly to PASV.

Obviously the PORT command doesn't apply if you transfer in passive mode.

It might make sense for Lynx to use passive mode, given that the
popular web browsers do.  (Also these days when you install Linux
you'll probably get asked if you want a firewall, and non-passive
ftp is quite likely to stop working if you say yes.)

imc