Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8

From: clemensF
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8
Date: 30 May 2002 00:51:45 +0200

> Thomas Dickey:

>       --enable-charset-choice

yes, thank you!  leaving out this option got me on my way.  :)  now
something else i almost forgot:  the lynx installation, at leasta few betas
ago always overwrote my precious '/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg', which is the
reason i now keep an extra copy of the latest version.

the big drawback with this is:  i can't be sure to configure my lynx.cfg
correctly, as there might be changes or additional features not in the
backup.  i wish there was prominent notice every time something important
changes or is added to the lynx.cfg "gmake install" places into
/usr/local/lib.  the ChangeLog is not enough for me, because it contains so
many technical details i keep overlooking things.

--
clemens fischer