lynx-dev https support

From: Chris de Almeida
Subject: lynx-dev https support
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:25:33 -0500

Every time I try to access a page via https, I get an error: "This client does not contain support for https urls." I use the windows port of lynx, version 2.8.3. I can't check my email via lynx because hotmail uses https and so do several other sites I visit. I would like to be able to use lynx as my full time browser as an alternative to IE or Netscape, but I can't because of the lack of https support. Perhaps this could be an addition to a future release?

Thanks,
Chris de Almeida