Re: lynx-dev https support

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev https support
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:46:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Chris de Almeida wrote:

> Every time I try to access a page via https, I get an error: "This client
> does not contain support for https urls."  I use the windows port of lynx,
> version 2.8.3.  I can't check my email via lynx because hotmail uses https

You need a version of the lynx binary with SSL support built in. You can
either build this yourself or use one of the two binaries available on
the net with SSL support. See my website for pointers to the binaries.
Be sure to look for the Windows binaries, not the DOS binary. Also note
the potential licensing problem described there.
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
                                     Doug
__
Doug Kaufman