Re: lynx-dev comment about links-2.0pre6

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev comment about links-2.0pre6
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:40:28 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 07:23:55PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >
> > > I looked at it this morning and (of course) compiled with gcc's warnings
> > > turned
> > > on - got 10530 warnings.  Looks like it's still in alpha.
> >
> >  This can't (and doesn't) correlate with the end user's experience. Links2
> > is
> > a very good browser with javascript support.
>
> maybe (I'll have to explore what is meant by javascript "support" in the
> current copy - reading the parser, it looks more like wishful thinking than
> actuality).  I did see it (incorrectly) flag an instance of javascript in
> a comment, but didn't see it doing anything more than that.

Dunno, at least the following works fine for me:

<script language=javascript>
location = 'http://lynx.browser.org';
</script>

document.write('hi!') works too.

(I don't visit sites with javascript used for navigation, so I can't test
anything further).

> >  But it seems it didn't get polished while its version jumped by 1 - it
> > doesn't support http auth and AFAIR doesn't work with cookies in all cases.
>
> I looked at a (recent) copy of elinks a few weeks ago, and it dumped core.
> This one happened to catch my attention because it was mentioned in one
> of the Debian mailing lists.

 I haven't succeeded in making it dump core yet in the past 2 weeks..
 So YMMV.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad