Re: lynx-dev Re: need help downloading and installing Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: need help downloading and installing Lynx
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:57:03 -0400

At 05:17 AM 2002-06-25, you wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:09:13PM -0700, Sophie Jasson Holt wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm totally confused. Do you know how to download and configure Lynx 2.83
>> for Windows 2000?
>
>There are a few people who maintain binaries for download of win32 versions
>of lynx.  They read the mailing list which I'd cc'd this to.

I'm using the distribution of Lynx 2.8.4pre.5 (14 Jul 2001) from Jim Spath.
Download from

 2.8.4pre5
 http://www.jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/ly284p5.zip

A couple of other sources of pre-compiled Windows distributions are discussed
at
 http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html

..along with a lot of DOS stuff that you don't need.

If you do this, unzip the distribution, read the README, and try and get stuck.
you
can write to <address@hidden> to ask for more help.

If you do wish to ask questions on the list, for best results, subscribe as
described at

 About Lynx-Dev
 http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/lynx-dev.html

Al