lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.8 with Borland C++ 5.5 and zlib 1.1.4

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.8 with Borland C++ 5.5 and zlib 1.1.4
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:28:41 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

After a few searches on Google I finally found the answer:

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month022000/msg00199.html

I added -tWM after -DMSDOS in msdos/Makefile.b32 and recompiled
zlib. To compile with Borland C++ 5.5 I had to remove -WX.

This time it linked:

        Bcc32 +BccW32.cfg  -lOS -elynx.exe ./obj/LYHash.obj ./obj/LYStyle.obj
@lynx.rsp
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
        echo MakeNode
MakeNode

Do I need to add -tWM to all libraries, including PDCurses and
OpenSSL ?

There's a problem with accentuation. I don't know what's wrong
but not all keys work for input and output. They seem to be
misconfigured for the binary. All keys work with the binary
from Thorsten Glaser, which is 2.8.4rel.1.

Differences:

2.8.5dev.8              2.8.4rel.1
----------              ----------
á= (yes, a blank space) á
shift+:=?               ?
shift+{=}               {
shift+}=|               }

All other vogals with accents work on both binaries (aeiouAEIOU
with ´ ` ^ and aoAO with ~), but not with ¨

shift+6+a=^ä    ä

It adds ^ (which can be deleted). The same with all other
vogals.

br-abnt2 keyboard.

Another minor problem is the size of the binary:

2.8.5dev.8: 1.732.608
2.8.4rel.1: 606.208

How do I strip it ? Or it's and the difference is produced by
the OS ? I use Windows XP Professional.

PS: My binaries for both Cygwin and Borland C+= are and will
always be available at
http://www.pervalidus.net/Windows/devel/lynx/ . I just want to
fix the keys :P