Re: lynx-dev Neat EMACS feature would speed LYNX usage

From: RobertM
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Neat EMACS feature would speed LYNX usage
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:25:42 +0100 (BST)

It is alleged that David Combs once typed:
[snip]
> ---
>
> But wouldn't it be FAR FASTER to simply
> have assigned, say, x to some position in
> foo.txt, and then via some super-quick-to-do
> command, eg ":gx", and you're there!
>
> JUST LIKE THAT!
>
> Unless everyone finds this idea completely
> worthless, please add it to some (official)
> "to-do" list.

Errm, isn't that sort of what bookmarks are for?
Though of course they don't provide for random anchors but.

Also how would that work on a remote document over which you have no
control.
e.g. u assign X to the 57th line of some document , then when you
neext visit that document via your buffr thingy it's only got 40
lines?

--
Robm
873