lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:18:18 +0900 (JST)

Hi all,

I maintain lynx (developement version) for Debian and
got the following bug report.

    Lynx doesn't support the ISO-8859-8-I character set. Please note that
    I'm not talking about implementing BiDi support for Lynx but simply
    aliasing ISO-8859-8-I to ISO-8859-8 (which works as expected in Lynx),
    since character set-wise they're the same.

I am not a programmer and don't know the ISO-8859-8-I character set
nor BiDi at all.

Is this report a problem of lynx's source code or my
compilation option (or something) is not right?

Best regards,                     2002.7.10

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.