lynx-dev any way to download *.asf files by "mms://" protocol?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev any way to download *.asf files by "mms://" protocol?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:04:15 +0900 (JST)

It would be nice to download sample audio files for listening at a later time.
For some reason I can't seem to get Lynx in a position to download the "real"
audio file.  For example, I get a file with the following content if I download
"http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arch/ES/HajimeChitose/ESCL-2289/1/sound.asx":
<ASX version = "3.0">
<Entry>
<Ref href =
"mms://wmt.sme.co.jp/Music/Arch/ES/HajimeChitose/ESCL-2289/1/sound.asf" />
</Entry>
</ASX>

If I switch "http" in place of "mms" in the pointer to the *.asf file, then
I get a file like:
[Reference]
Ref1=http://WMT2:80/Music/Arch/ES/HajimeChitose/ESCL-2289/1/sound.asf
Ref2=http://202.238.76.32:80/Music/Arch/ES/HajimeChitose/ESCL-2289/1/sound.asf

Any suggestions or hints much appreciated.

__Henry