lynx-dev Re: Lynx Italian message catalog - Revision

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx Italian message catalog - Revision
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:13:11 -0400

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 07:47:58AM -0700, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Giuliano Artico wrote:
>
> > sorry, I have one more doubtfull message.
> > I got confused because the French po-file translates "uploading" by
> > "décompression" (i.e. "unpacking"). This is in the po-file taken from your
> > site:
> >
> > # WWW/Libary/Implementation/HTFile.c
> > #. We can't open the file, what do we do?
> > #: src/GridText.c:10348
> > #, fuzzy
> > msgid "Can't open file for uploading"
> > msgstr "Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier pour décompression."
> >
> > Please, can you tell me if this modification is meaningful?
>
> Uploading and decompression don't have anything in common. This looks
> like a translation error. I'll forward a copy of this to Jim Spath.
>                         Doug

Yes, I would assume this was a mistake.  The source of the French
translation file is very old, and although I took French several years
in school, I can't speak or read it worth a darn.

We appreciate any input from someone who can improve the quality of the
translations!

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>