lynx-dev Re: Lynx idle-loop

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx idle-loop
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:19:22 +0200

Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> said:

>> I didn't ran configure. I used my own makefile.

> Is there an advantage to doing that, as opposed to using confiure?

Last time I tried, it didn't work. Does configure work with 8+3 filenames?
Besides I like writing makefiles :-) GNU make is truly great.

>> One way is to run with "-wdebug" and look at the wattcp.sk file
>> for activity when Lynx is idle.
>
> That should work. I'll try to see if I can find the problem, but I'll be
> too busy at work for the next few days.

I found the problem. It wasn't a Lynx problem at all; it *is* blocking in
getxkey(). It was a problem with Watt-32 and background tasks not
beeing called as they should.

Gisle V.