lynx-dev Handling non html links

From: David Arno
Subject: lynx-dev Handling non html links
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:00:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'll ask it
anyway...

I have been using Lynx to test how our site appears in a pure text browser. One
thing
that is causing me a problem though is links to PDFs, Word docs etc. Unlike
"real"
browsers, Lynx doesn't seem to respond to these files by offering to download
them.
Instead it gives a 404 error. Is this a bug in Lynx or am I doing something
wrong
(either with the serving of these files or with using Lynx)?

Cheers,
David Arno.