Re: lynx-dev Handling non html links

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Handling non html links
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 03:37:37 -0700

At 06:08a -0400 08/01/2002, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

 > I have been using Lynx to test how our site appears in a pure text browser.
 > One thing that is causing me a problem though is links to PDFs, Word docs
> etc. Unlike "real" browsers, Lynx doesn't seem to respond to these files by
 > offering to download them.  Instead it gives a 404 error.  Is this a bug in
> Lynx or am I doing something wrong (either with the serving of these files or
 > with using Lynx)?

I occasionally download pdf files with lynx, and don't recall problems with
that.  Do you have a test url in mind?

My money's on spaces in a filename, and an unencoded reference.

-Walter
 who just got the first spam addressed his lynx-dev email address
 (looks like someone's harvesting from this list)