please no spaces in filenames! was Re: lynx-dev Handling non html links

From: clemens fischer
Subject: please no spaces in filenames! was Re: lynx-dev Handling non html links
Date: 1 Aug 2002 16:49:31 +0200

> Thomas E. Dickey:

> It's not exactly a waste of time.  I added some logic in 2.8.4 (which iirc
> didn't entirely work properly) that (in the current development version)
> does allow for blanks in a filename.  So it's possible that you could make
> it work with 2.8.5dev.8, for instance.  (Someone's sure to point out that
> it's not standard...)

but it's not standa ...  hey!  ok, the hair on my neck rises when i see
spaces in filenames, but computers are for people and not the other way
around.  also, i would love to be able to associate catchy phrases with
some files/entities, if only so i can remember them better.  then again, i
dream about a startrek like computer that obviously makes up his own
filenames and i only ask it in broader terms.

clemens