Re: lynx-dev lynx crash in wide terminals

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx crash in wide terminals
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:59:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:34:36PM +0000, James - wrote:
> >what system, libraries, etc? (I don't recall any related fixes, and it
> >works fine with 2.8.5dev.8 - can recompile 2.8.4 sometime...)
>
> The crash is consistently repeatable on two systems:
>
>  1. RedHat 7.2
>  2. Debian 3.0 (Woody)
>
> both running 2.8.4rel.1.
>
> However, under RH 7.?, lynx 2.8.4dev.16 does not crash.
> So perhaps the problem has been fixed already.

2.8.4dev.16 is older than 2.8.4rel.1

Now that my memory is jogged, I recall an issue with the use of curses pads
which I fixed last fall (in the 2.8.5dev.x).  That's one of the fixes that I
separated out for post-2.8.4 fixes under the release webpage.  This is from

        lynx2.8.4rel.1b.patch.gz

+2001-10-06 (2.8.5dev.3)
+* modify LYtouchline() to avoid using wredrawln() for ncurses, since the
+  LYwin variable may be a pad much wider than the screen, which is not handled
+  properly (report by Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>) -TD

(any package built for 2.8.4 should include the two patches)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net