Re: lynx-dev Lynx screenshots

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx screenshots
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:23:28 -0400

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 04:11:27AM -0300, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> Hi. I made 4 screenshots of the Cygwin binary using the
> included .lss files, but would like to know if it's possible to
> make them in "Full Mode". You can see them at
> http://www.pervalidus.net/Windows/devel/browsers/lynx/ . In
> "Full Mode" the colors look much better and are more visible.

I seem to recall that I get brighter colors using the color-style with
PDCurses than with the cygwin build.  (When I use lynx on NT, it is
usually with the non-color-style PDCurses, and I have the color-style
version as an external viewer).

> bright-blue.lss wins. If there's no way to make them on Windows
> I'll just make on Linux framebuffer. The S-Lang colors are even
> worse in a "Window". With SnagIt I can use Ctrl+Shift+P to
> capture it while in "Full Mode", but the screenshots are
> invisible.

hmm - I recall that slang's configuration uses bright colors more
extensively (but haven't tried it in cygwin).  Perhaps if you don't
use default colors, cygwin's window would work reasonably well.

I find the cygwin window with a black background to be unreadable also,
and always change the color settings to use a white background.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net