Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?

From: James Phillips
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

--- David Combs <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yesterday I ran into some javascript pages trying
> to preuse sunsolve.sun.com.
>
> Just now, I got this:
>

> http://de.sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patchpage
>
> REFRESH(1 sec):

[1]http://patchpro.sun.com/servlet/com.sun.patchpro.servlet.PatchProServlet

I followed the above links using:
Lynx/2.8.3rel.1 libwww-FM/2.14FM
on (Jim Spath's win32 version?)

and, was presented with a readable HTML page.

> QUESTION: what do *you guys* do when you
> run into such cruft?

I like to hit '\' to display the source, and try to manaully
reconstruct the urls. the '=' key tells you the root url to use
(currently displayed page..).

Mhile it may take 5-20 minutes to get into the site, you leave LYNX
tracks, so the administrator can't say that nobody uses LYNX, or,
That the site would be incompatible without the JavaScript (when you
find the contact information to complain).

-james