lynx-dev Patch vs 2.8.4 to verify authenticity of SSL certs

From: Chris Adams
Subject: lynx-dev Patch vs 2.8.4 to verify authenticity of SSL certs
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 22:26:25 -0500

Here's a patch that adds verification of SSL server certificates.  It
requires a "cert.pem" file or cert files in the "certs" subdirectory in
your OpenSSL directory for CA verification.  The mod_ssl distribution
includes a "ca-bundle.crt" that has a good set of root certifying
authority certs and works well for "cert.pem".  Adding custom CA root
certs can be done by either putting them in the server "cert.pem", or
(for a normal user) copying "cert.pem", adding the cert, and setting the
SSL_CERT_FILE environment variable before running Lynx.

Anyway, here is the patch.  Please CC me on any responses as I'm not on
the list (I tried to send this a couple of times before but it just
disappeared according to the web archives - then I see I have to be
subscribed to address@hidden - maybe this should be on a web
page somewhere as it contradicts the documentation).
--
Chris Adams <address@hidden>