Re: lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.7 crash on Cygwin

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.7 crash on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:42:42 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 05:30:40PM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > Let me know if the gdb output makes any sense.
>
> I'll check this tonight, to see if it breaks for me
> (have to do some maintenance on NT).

OK. I recall you reported it doesn't on 2000 and Michael Warner
it does on 95. Anyway, what I did:

1- Compile with --enable-debug
2- Run lynx
3- Run ps and get lynx's WINPID
4- Run dumper -c core WINPID
5- Go to http://www.1stline.com.br/detalhes.asp?cod=792 and
press End

Now lynx exits and you get a core.

gdb from Cygwin defaults to the Tk frontend, so use -nw.

I first tried to get something without a core, running the
following:

gdb --pid=WINPID -nw

This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
Attaching to process 1644
[Switching to thread 1644.0x4f0]
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

I press End and:

[Switching to thread 1644.0xf98]
0x610a16b0 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x610a16b0 in ?? ()
#1  0x004c7f0e in ?? ()
#2  0x0042d88e in ?? ()
#3  0x00439c82 in ?? ()
#4  0x726f7469 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x6e6f4d20
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Quit anyway (and detach it)? (y or n) y
Detaching from program: , Pid 1644

Wrong ? I'm not familiar with it.