Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx no longer works with Yahoo Mail...
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:12:22 -0400

At 06:31 AM 2002-08-16, Larry W. Virden wrote:
Ah ha!  That's the ticket .  The first refresh is not the one to focus on.
Instead, on the second page - the javascript driven page - there is indeed
such a link and following it tells me that my browser isn't supported and
that I should go download IE or Netscape ... or return to the old version
of the email interface.

I didn't see a 'feedback' email or even a form that random members of
the unwashed like me could use.

For subscribers, is there a feedback path?

Since they are running the script-free version of the service, they
should have a NOSCRIPT element in the first script-dependent page that
people will encounter that advises the user of the availability of this
option.  They can even harrass you to "upgrade" if they provide the
option to follow a link to the universal version.  They've done the
writing already, just haven't implemented the linking quite right.

By the way, I did mention this in the WAI.  But they have no magic in
with Yahoo.  Customers count, even with free services, if you say it right.

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2002JulSep/0156.html

Al

Thanks!
--