lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.

From: Arne Sagnes
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.
Date: 16 Aug 2002 13:56:43 -0400

Greetings,
  I am currently working on a project to port an application from HP-UX
10.20 to 11i, and I've run into a problem involving Lynx.  Here's the
situation:

  We have an application written in C that executes that spawns a shell
and executes the Lynx browser to view certain HTML pages.  When the
browser is launched from within the application, we run into a problem
where we can not navigate within the pages.  Pressing the arrow keys
result in the letters 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' being printed on the
screen.  We have attempted the following things to try to remedy this
problem:

- Recompile Lynx from the source.
- Change the way Lynx is executed (not much that can be done, and no
luck).
- Execute Lynx with the various options available.
- Modify the lynx.cfg file to specify the correct character sets etc.

  I'm wondering if there's a way that the "running Lynx" configuration
can be dumped to a file or the screen.  This might help identify what
the problem is.  I've also heard mention of problems related to the
(n)curses libraries being broken on a lot of default installations.
Before I undertake a recompile of (n)curses, I'd like to ask if anyone
has encountered this problem before.  Have you seen it?  Heard of it?
Know what's wrong?  Have an idea?  I would really appreciate any
assistance.  Thanks. :-)

Arne
--
Arne Sagnes - Email: address@hidden
Work: +1 440 949 8225 - Cell: +1 216 577 2319