Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:04:19 -0400

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 10:43:40PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
> >   I'm not entirely sure I understand your suggestion.  I tried to use
> > tput to reset and initialize the terminal, to no avail.
>
> reset and initialise are unlikely to work if Lynx doesn't get the right
> state itself.  If the terminal state is the problem, you will need to
> request the specific keypad mode explicitly.

The keypad mode doesn't relate to the line-buffering.  But there's more than
one flavor of 'reset', now that I'm reminded.  In ncurses, the 'tset' program
does set things in the same manner as "stty sane", while 'tput' only writes
specific strings to the terminal.  To fix the line-buffering, the strings won't
help.  That's the terminal I/O modes, which can be set or viewed with stty.

Since he said he'd checked stty, I don't think either tput/tset would make much
difference anyway.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net