Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?

From: Ulf H{rnhammar
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:00:54 +0200

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:45:13AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
>       It looked to me like it would be a lot easier to treat
> lynx like a black box and build a filter that turned the
> javascript code in to html to avoid having to rework lynx which
> does what it does well.

I don't think it sounds like a great idea. JavaScript/ECMAscript is
a full programming language, so you can create functions that
depend on the current value of a textarea or the currently selected
item in a select construction. I think it would be hard to construct
a filter that converts some of these things to pure HTML.

// Ulf Harnhammar