Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:45:53 +0100

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 04:52:21PM -0400, James Phillips wrote:
[about JavaScript-infested pages]
> I like to hit '\' to display the source, and try to manaully
> reconstruct the urls. the '=' key tells you the root url to use
> (currently displayed page..).
>
> Mhile it may take 5-20 minutes to get into the site, you leave LYNX
> tracks, so the administrator can't say that nobody uses LYNX, or,
> That the site would be incompatible without the JavaScript (when you
> find the contact information to complain).

Actually, I'll tell you what would be useful in Lynx - and that's a
keystroke command which submits the current form even when there's
no submit button in it.

Most likely some idiot will have coded a button which points to
"javascript:document.form.submit();" or a trivial script to verify
the arguments before submitting.  Or a menu which submits when changed.
You'd still be able to use these in Lynx if only there were a way to
press the non-existent submit button.

imc