lynx-dev Re: LYNX FR.PO

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LYNX FR.PO
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:34:11 -0400

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 09:06:51PM +0000, Bernard Schweitzer wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> I just have finished to modify FR.PO. Note that I've added some
> translations used with "O"ptions menu. Note that I've added a special note
> including my name, because I don't know numbers to affect to english
> messages. So, I'm not sure that it will run correctly at that time.
>
> I'm attaching you FRPO.ZIP that contains two files:
>
> FR.PO       Version with CP850 charset that uses standard DOS accent
> characters;
>
> FR_ISO.PO   version of FR.PO with iso-8859-1 charset with original accent
> characters.
>
> Please note that I am now sure that DOS standard accent characters are only
> supported by Lynx. I've used SCRUB to replace a word that contained a bad
> accent character into LYNX.MO, and I've replaced it with the correct word
> with the correct accent. Note that this word is the one who correctly
> displays its accent. That's the reason why I provide you a file created
> with CP850 accent characters.
>
> I'd like that you compile it on lynx.mo so I'd be able to try if my job
> works correctly. Also note that I've made my possible to make that all
> texts are compleately displayed. In fact, some French translations where
> longer than 80 characters. In those cases, words are wrapped at the end of
> the line. Characters up to 80th are not displayed. This should not be the
> case now. Note that my Braille Display gives me the ability to control this
> point very easely.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Sincerly,
>
> Bernard Schweitzer

  No, thank you!

  As soon as I can get a small bug ironed out with my version of Lynx on
NetBSD, I will try out the texts you provided. Are you going to forward
them to the Translation Project or would you like me to do so?

  We appreciate your efforts!

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=web+home+for+jim+spath>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I mean where's the percentage in being kind or helpful to a robot if it
doesn't have any gratitude circuits?