lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8 compiling on Solaris 8

From: Brian Hostetler
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8 compiling on Solaris 8
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:24:53 -0700

Hello,
I've installed ncurses-5.2-sol8-sparc-local and openssl-0.9.6g-sol8-sparc-local from sunfreeware.com on Solaris 8. I'm trying to compile lynx2.8.5dev.8 for use with https, but I keep getting the following errors during make (./configure is listed further below). Compling without SSL works fine...
Suggestions?

[/var/tmp/lynx2-8-5]$ make
/bin/sh -c './cfg_defs.sh .'
Constructing sed-script help_files.sed
sed     -e '/^#/d' -e '/^$/d' \
        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(address@hidden)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(http:.*\)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(ftp:.*\)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(.*\.html\)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
        help_files.tmp | tr '=' '"' > help_files.sed
Appending interim-fix for existing html files to help_files.sed
sed     -e '/^#/d' -e '/[:@]/d' -e '/^$/d' \
        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(.*\.html\)$%s=\2=\2=g%' \
        -e 's%\.html=%\\.html=%' \
        help_files.tmp | tr '=' '"' >> help_files.sed
if test -n ""; then echo 's%\\%%g' >> help_files.sed; fi
Creating LYHelp.h

       Help files will NOT be gzipped.

cd WWW/Library/Implementation && make CC="gcc" \
        LY_CFLAGS="-O2" \
        CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl//include" \
        LYFLAGS=""
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/ssl//include -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation -O2 -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/ -DXMOSAIC_HACK -DACCESS_AUTH -c ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTParse.c gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/ssl//include -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation -O2 -I../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/ -DXMOSAIC_HACK -DACCESS_AUTH -c ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTAccess.c
In file included from ../../../src/LYKeymap.h:6,
                 from ../../../src/LYUtils.h:5,
                 from ../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTAccess.c:64:
../../../src/LYCurses.h:565: parse error before `FANCY_CURSES'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `HTAccess.o'
Current working directory /var/tmp/lynx2-8-5/WWW/Library/Implementation
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

[/var/tmp/lynx2-8-5]$ ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Configuring for solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install.sh -c
checking for lint... lint
checking for AIX... no
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking if you want to see long compiling messages... yes
checking if you want to check memory-leaks... no
checking if you want to enable debug-code... no
checking if you want to enable lynx trace code *recommended* ... yes
checking if you want verbose trace code... no
checking if you want to turn on gcc warnings... no
checking if you want to link with dbmalloc for testing... no
checking if you want to link with dmalloc for testing... no
checking for working const... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking for argz.h... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for __argz_count... no
checking for __argz_stringify... no
checking for __argz_next... no
checking for stpcpy... no
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking whether NLS is requested... no
checking if you want full utility pathnames... yes
checking for system mailer... /usr/lib/sendmail
checking system mail flags... -t -oi
checking if we must define _GNU_SOURCE... no
checking if you want ssl library... /usr/local/ssl/
checking if you want socks library... no
checking if you want socks5 library... no
checking for network libraries... working...
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for main in -linet... no
checking for socket... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for inet_aton function... no
checking for inet_addr function... yes
checking for openssl include directory... yes
checking if we can link to ssl library... yes
checking for screen type... curses
checking for extra include directories... no
checking if we have identified curses headers... curses.h
checking for curses.h... yes
checking for ncurses version... no
checking if we have identified curses libraries... no
checking for tgoto... no
checking for tgoto in -lcursesX... no
checking for tgoto in -lcurses... yes
checking for initscr in -lcursesX... no
checking for initscr in -lcurses... yes
checking for curses performance tradeoff... no
checking for curses touchline function... sysv
checking for location of config-file... /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg
checking if you want only a few charsets... no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/filio.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/param.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking for termio.h... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for vfork.h... no
checking termio.h and termios.h... yes
checking for sigaction and structs... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... yes
checking for union wait... no
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for varargs.h... yes
checking for standard varargs... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking type of array argument to getgroups... int
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for vfork.h... (cached) no
checking for working vfork...
Message from address@hidden at Thu Sep  5 15:11:56 2002 ...
admin ID[RICHPse.monlog.2000]: [ID 108666 local0.emerg] Disk state amber entered, Action: Move load from busy disks to idle disks
no
checking if we should use fcntl or ioctl... fcntl
checking for broken/missing definition of remove... no
checking for lstat... yes
checking for cuserid... yes
checking for ftime... yes
checking for getcwd... (cached) yes
checking for getgroups... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for mktemp... yes
checking for mkdtemp... no
checking for popen... yes
checking for putenv... (cached) yes
checking for readdir... yes
checking for setuid... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for truncate... yes
checking for ttyname... yes
checking for unsetenv... no
checking for vasprintf... no
checking for waitpid... yes
checking for mktime... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for random-integer functions... srandom/random
checking for range of random-integers... INT_MAX
checking for strstr declaration... yes
checking for getgrgid declaration... yes
checking for getgrnam declaration... yes
checking if TRUE/FALSE are defined... yes
checking if external errno is declared... yes
checking if external errno exists... yes
checking if we can set errno... no
checking for setlocale()... yes
checking if NGROUPS is defined... NGROUPS_MAX
checking if external sys_nerr is declared... no
checking if external sys_nerr exists... yes
checking if external sys_errlist is declared... no
checking if external sys_errlist exists... yes
checking for lastlog.h... yes
checking for paths.h... no
checking for lastlog path... no
checking for utmp implementation... utmpx
checking if utmp.ut_host is declared... yes
checking if utmp.ut_name is declared... ut_name
checking for exit-status in utmpx... ut_exit.e_exit
checking if utmp.ut_xtime is declared... yes
checking if utmp.ut_session is declared... yes
checking if utmpx is SYSV flavor... yes
checking if external h_errno exists... yes
checking for curses/term.h... no
checking for term.h... yes
checking if curses supports alternate-character set... acs_map
checking if curses supports fancy attributes... no
checking if curses supports color attributes... yes
checking for termio.h... (cached) yes
checking for termios.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking whether termios.h needs _POSIX_SOURCE... no
checking declaration of size-change... yes
checking if ttytype is declared in curses library... yes
checking if curses supports wide characters... yes
checking if we must include wchar.h to declare mbstate_t... yes
checking if we must define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED... no
checking for assume_default_colors... no
checking for cbreak... yes
checking for define_key... no
checking for delscreen... yes
checking for getattrs... yes
checking for getbegx... yes
checking for getbegy... yes
checking for keypad... yes
checking for napms... yes
checking for newpad... yes
checking for newterm... yes
checking for pnoutrefresh... yes
checking for wresize... no
checking for resizeterm... no
checking for touchline... yes
checking for touchwin... yes
checking for use_default_colors... no
checking for wborder... yes
checking for wredrawln... yes
checking if bibp: URLs should be supported... yes
checking if configuration info should be browsable... yes
checking if new-style forms-based options screen should be used... yes
checking if old-style options menu should be used... yes
checking if experimental address-list page should be used... no
checking if experimental charset-selection logic should be used... no
checking if experimental CJK logic should be used... no
checking if color-style code should be used... no
checking if experimental file-upload logic should be used... no
checking if experimental htmlized lynx.cfg should be built... no
checking whether to enable ipv6... no
checking if experimental element-justification logic should be used... no
checking if experimental keyboard-layout logic should be used... no
checking if experimental JavaScript support should be used... no
checking if experimental nested-table logic should be used... no
checking if html source should be colorized... no
checking if read-progress message should show ETA... no
checking if scrollbar code should be used... no
checking if source caching should be used... no
checking if alternative line-edit bindings should be used... yes
checking if you want to use extended HTML DTD logic... yes
checking if partial-display should be used... yes
checking if you want to use external commands... no
checking if you want to use setfont support... no
checking if you want cgi-link support... no
checking if you want change-exec support... no
checking if you want exec-links support... no
checking if you want exec-scripts support... no
checking if you want internal-links feature... no
checking if you want to fork NSL requests... no
checking if you want to log URL requests via syslog... no
checking if persistent-cookie logic should be used... yes
checking if you want to underline links... no
checking if help files should be gzip'ed... no
checking if you want to use zlib for decompression of some gzip files... no
checking if you want to exclude FINGER code... no
checking if you want to exclude GOPHER code... no
checking if you want to exclude NEWS code... no
checking if you want to exclude FTP code... no
checking if directory-editor code should be used... yes
checking if you wish to allow extracting from archives via DirEd... yes
checking if DirEd mode should override keys... yes
checking if you wish to allow permissions commands via DirEd... yes
checking if you wish to allow executable-permission commands via DirEd... yes
checking if you wish to allow tar commands from DirEd... yes
checking if you wish to allow uudecode commands from DirEd... yes
checking if you wish to allow zip and unzip commands from DirEd... yes
checking if you wish to allow gzip and gunzip commands from DirEd... yes
checking if you want long-directory listings... yes
checking if parent-directory references are permitted... yes
checking for telnet... /usr/bin/telnet
checking for rlogin... /usr/bin/rlogin
checking for mv... /usr/bin/mv
checking for gzip... /usr/bin/gzip
checking for gunzip... /usr/bin/gunzip
checking for unzip... /usr/bin/unzip
checking for bzip2... /usr/bin/bzip2
checking for compress... /usr/bin/compress
checking for rm... /usr/bin/rm
checking for tar... /usr/sbin/tar
checking for uudecode... /usr/bin/uudecode
checking for zcat... /usr/bin/zcat
checking for zip... /usr/bin/zip
checking if we can include termio.h with curses... no
srcdir is .
updating cache config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating makefile
creating WWW/Library/Implementation/makefile
creating src/makefile
creating src/chrtrans/makefile
creating lynx_cfg.h