Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8 compiling on Solaris 8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.8 compiling on Solaris 8
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 06:19:28 -0400 (EDT)

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:45:14PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> This is a perennial problem on Solaris here, partly because of the above
> comment (but we also have some libraries in strange places because all
> our third-party packages are segregated).  So it's always important to
> make sure the correct runtime library path gets compiled in.
>
> In the case of lynx, configuring with
>
>  LIBS="-R/usr/local/ssl/lib" ./configure [configure-args]
>
> seems to work, assuming the SSL libraries are in /usr/local/ssl/lib.
>
> Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be avoided where possible.  However,
> setting LD_RUN_PATH to the equivalent path *before* you compile will
> often give the correct result.

yes - I've seen several recent references to LD_RUN_PATH (LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
used in more systems, I think).  Anyway, I made a note to see if autoconf will
give me the -R option for free.  I only see it in the context of checking
for X libraries (which essentially means that the test is not reusable).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com