Re: lynx-dev japanese mojibake (2.8.5dev.8)

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev japanese mojibake (2.8.5dev.8)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:48:44 +0900 (JST)

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:45:04 +0900 (JST)

> It could be Google.
>
> Google creates the URL:
>
> http://www.google.com/linux?hl=ja&ie=Shift_JIS&q=%C3%E6%B9%F1%B8%EC+%B4%DA%B9%F1%B8%EC&btnG=Google+%B8%A1%BA%F7&lr=
>
> If I change that from "Shift_JIS" to "EUC-JP", there is no problem.
>
> http://www.google.com/linux?hl=ja&ie=EUC-JP&q=%C3%E6%B9%F1%B8%EC+%B4%DA%B9%F1%B8%EC&btnG=Google+%B8%A1%BA%F7&lr=

Yes, this fixes the problem.  I didn't know the key "G" to
edit URL.  Thanks for your advice.

But graphical browsers seem to display the result page
correctly...

I don't know if this is known problem or not but has
anyone reported this to Google?

Best regards,                   2002/9/10

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.