RE: lynx-dev Unable to execute external commands

From: Umar Qureshey
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Unable to execute external commands
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:19:08 -0700

Ok thanks for the tip on further reducing lynx's size.  After doing some
more research and looking thru the mailing list archives, it seems the
problem is that lynx will not launch the mp3 player until after the download
is complete.  However, since this is a streaming mp3 file, it is basically
infinite in size and the download will never finish.  This explains the mp3s
with strange names in the /tmp directory when I activate an audio/mpeg link.
So that kinda sux.  I was hoping to just pipe the mp3 data received into the
mp3 player and play music but now I am gonna have to find a different path.
My plan now is to launch and external program to which lynx will pass the
url, the program will connect to the url and start receiving data, and pipe
this to the mp3 player.  It's a bit circumspect but I don't see another way.
Does anyone know of a some compact and solid C code for parsing URLs?  Lynx
should have some, any idea what the function is called so I can grep for it.

Thanks,
UQ