RE: lynx-dev Spawning an external curses-based program

From: Umar Qureshey
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Spawning an external curses-based program
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:45:56 -0700

I am running lynx on an embedded system with a small lcd.  I ran some
ncurses test program alone and they seem to be working fine.  However,
launching an ncurses-based program from lynx caused the program to run but
no output to show on the screen.  The screen does not get cleared by
initscr, mvprintw statements do not show on screen after calling a
refresh(), etc.  I have lynx 2.8.4.1b and my system has 4MB RAM.  Linux is
2.4.18 and ncurses version 5.2.  The fact that lynx is working means that
ncurses is ok.  There seems to be some sort of terminal problem.  As for the
actual programming, I initialize with a call to initscr(), then I do a
mvprintw() to stdscr, and then a refresh().  Should be simple enough to work
but doesn't.

Regards,
UQ