Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:43:54 +0100

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:04:09AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> Actually I haven't found this to be a big problem since I modified lynx to
> adjust the terminal settings (to avoid staircased messages).  That's for
> ncurses of course.  If someone wants to implement the corresponding code
> for slang, that would be the way to go.

I'm not seeing staircased messages.  The problem is that the xli info
usually scrolls the screen, making the display *very* confused if the
screen isn't refreshed.  Even if that weren't the case I can't see
that it would be anything less than mildly disruptive to have all
that text overwriting what was on the screen.

imc