Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:31:40 +0100

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:11:26AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> I suppose so - but was giving my experience in that area.  Since xli
> writes cooked messages, and ncurses wants to put the screen into raw mode
> (actually ocrnl off), my change delayed putting the screen back into raw
> mode until I press return - fine if I don't want to have a lot of detached
> xli's on the screen.  (After pressing return, lynx repaints the screen).

Ah...  well if lynx would refresh the screen at the next keypress
following the execution of xli then that would pretty much solve the
problem.  (Come to think of it, lynx does seem to refresh immediately
after executing xli; but of course xli hasn't printed its messages
yet.)

I assume this is something that isn't in the 2.8.4 release.

imc