Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:45:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Ian Collier wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:11:26AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> > I suppose so - but was giving my experience in that area.  Since xli
> > writes cooked messages, and ncurses wants to put the screen into raw mode
> > (actually ocrnl off), my change delayed putting the screen back into raw
> > mode until I press return - fine if I don't want to have a lot of detached
> > xli's on the screen.  (After pressing return, lynx repaints the screen).
>
> Ah...  well if lynx would refresh the screen at the next keypress
> following the execution of xli then that would pretty much solve the
> problem.  (Come to think of it, lynx does seem to refresh immediately
> after executing xli; but of course xli hasn't printed its messages
> yet.)
>
> I assume this is something that isn't in the 2.8.4 release.

But it is: It works for ncurses.  (I did make a minor in ncurses 20010602
to make ncurses do the right thing - one of the changelog entries mentions
that). As I noted, a comparable change probably could be made for slang,
which is what Redhat uses.  (Redhat's ncurses rpms are newer than that
change).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net