Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:03:04 +0000 (GMT)

> I think so. David Woolley advised me to remove IDEA, MDC2, and
> RC5 from my OpenSSL for Windows (Borland C++), what I did.

I more likely referred you to some other source for the list.  I think
the warning notice was about criminal law sanctions, for national
security reasons, whereas removal of those algorithms is a civil law
issue - there are patent claims on them which may be valid against
software in some countries, particularly the USA.