Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8

From: Clemens Fischer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8
Date: 18 Nov 2002 23:25:40 +0100

David Woolley <address@hidden>:

> I have a horrible feeling that is is not even possible to establish
> who has copyrights on what in Lynx.

in oort-gnus, the development version of an emacs news/mail-reader,
everybody contributing, if only patches, has to "sign the papers".
this would be the first step into getting lynx into "FSF custody".
this means that everybody who has code in lynx must give the copyright
to the FSF, but may not be too bad.

>> Since the openssl license is not technically compatible with GPL,
>
> That's a serious problem for Lynx.

for this reason links (aka "the other browser") offers ifdefs for
gnutsl.  is this an option for lynx?

clemens