Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8

From: Petr Baudis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:56:50 +0100

Dear diary, on Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:40:04PM CET, I got a letter,
where Clemens Fischer <address@hidden> told me, that...
> Frédéric L. W. Meunier <address@hidden>:
>
> > I really doubt Slashdot would post anything about Lynx.
>
> /. was the first thing that came to my mind about "spreading the
> news".  i thought everybody can publish something on slashdot?

Oh sure. Well, rather everybody can _submit_ something on slashdot. The other
side is that moderators can dismiss posts from anybody ;p. I can't see why they
wouldn't accept anything about Lynx; I rather think that they wouldn't accept
_this_ about Lynx - the articles must be also cool in some sense and they must
also produce some amount of discussion, which is from the large part what /.
is about (for good or not; NO NO LET'S NOT DISCUSS /. HERE ! ;). Summoning old
white-beard developers from the ancient times of lynx.. not sure if this
classifies ;-).

Seriously, though, I'd first spam each mail I'd find in lynx sources, credits
and so on, then count the missing pieces and decide what action they're worth
of.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.