Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8

From: Petr Baudis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:59:58 +0100

Dear diary, on Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 08:39:38PM CET, I got a letter,
where Clemens Fischer <address@hidden> told me, that...
> Petr Baudis <address@hidden>:
>
> > Note that at the morning after night spent by implementing GnuTLS
> > support they announced OpenSSL wrapper for GnuTLS, so you should be
> > able to link OpenSSL programs against GnuTLS anyway. And I bet that
> > at least Debian already links lynx against GnuTLS ;-).
>
> i just found there's even the english word for "schadenfreude", in
> dict.leo.org.  no, seriously, this must have been a blow for you.  do
> the wrappers work?

I can't speak from my own experience, but from what I heard, they should work
nicely. I plan to remove the GnuTLS support from ELinks again and use the
wrappers instead, as the support isn't quite complete and there're bugs in it
and so on.. especially the documentation is not complete and too brief
sometimes :-(.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.