lynx-dev www.habeus.com weird redirect

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: lynx-dev www.habeus.com weird redirect
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:03:11 -0800

Noticed this with some 2.8.4 vintage Lynx, downloaded 2.8.5dev.9 and got
the same thing:

  $ lynx http://www.habeus.com/
  Using http://www.habeas.com
  [Current link is http://www.habeas.comabout/overview.htm]

I misspelled the name of their site -- I typed "habeus" where it should
have been "habeas".  They redirected to the correct site, but without a
trailing slash.  Lynx then based all of the relative URLs on that page
on the prefix "http://www.habeas.com";, sans trailing slash.

I'm sure the redirect was wrong, and should be fixed.  I'm not so sure
whether Lynx was doing something wrong here, or maybe just "not
sufficiently right".  A cross-check with Netscape (4.7, all I had handy)
shows that it takes the redirect in the right spirit.

The redirect looks like:

  HTTP/1.1 302 Found