Re: lynx-dev new protocols

From: RobertM
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new protocols
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:38:18 +0000 (GMT)

It is alleged that Carlton Anderson once typed:
> --- David Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> > Generally, all these options need strong sandboxing, to avoid security
> > problems - it's the failure to successfully sandbox Javascript that
> > results in many of the problems with IE.
> In NS 4.7 JavaScript is relatively safe.

Note David said IE not Netscape.

> What problems are you referring to?

When javascript/java functions in a web browser are not properly sandboxed
they can allow many remote exploits. IE seems to be/have been particularly
susceptable to such security issues with it's implementation of javascript.

As the maintainer of a public-lynx client, I really don't want more bits to
have to search for and turn off.
--
Robm
873