lynx-dev SSL error:Unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue?

From: Leslie Fairall
Subject: lynx-dev SSL error:Unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue?
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:57:55 -0500 (EST)

Unfortunately, I feel like I need to bring this topic up again since it
was not addressed in the last release. My understanding was that there
would be an option somewhere in lynx to suppress this message. It seems
like the users are loosing on this issue. Most lynx users who are not
programmers just want to be able to use the browser without much hassle.
It's already a major disadvantage that lynx doesn't support Javascript. Do
we need people to make more excuses to use IE instead of lynx? Most people
that I know consider these messages to be a major annoyance. The sysadmin
for my ISP recommended that we should use lynx2.8.5dev8 because there was
a "bug" in the latest version. I didn't do this, but do not blame him at
all for alerting others to this annoyance.

Ok, that's enough for now. I'm waiting to be killed for this rant.