Re: lynx-dev SSL error:Unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue?

From: RobertM
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL error:Unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:19:43 +0000 (GMT)

It is alleged that Leslie Fairall once typed:
[snip]
> It's already a major disadvantage that lynx doesn't support Javascript. Do
> we need people to make more excuses to use IE instead of lynx? Most people

But IE does exactly the same thing.
If you connect to a site which has either a self signed certificate or a
certificate issued by an unknown CA you get a pop up window which states:

"Information you exchange with this site cannot be views or changed by
others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to
trust. View the crtificate to determine whether you want to trust the
certifying auhtority"

Netscape and opera also present similair messages in the same circumstance.

> that I know consider these messages to be a major annoyance. The sysadmin

Are the pop-up windows in IE/Netscape/Opera also major annoyances?

[snip]

--
Robm
873