Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:06:18 -0800

Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Still cannot figure why -nolist is slower, but you help me fix
> one more quadratic behaviour issue:
> userinfoNNN-t.html is a huge table with lots of anchors.
> STbl code calls insert_blanks_in_line() repeatedly,
> each time anchors traversed from the table starting point.
> Now incremented internally. It also occasionally cleanup split_line() a bit.
>
> Bela, try this patch and send us the updated runtime results:)

Your patches do not apply, at least partly because you've expanded all
the TABs in the distribution to spaces.  I applied the previous patch
set manually but I've lost patience with this.

Can you please download the dev.11 source, unmodified, and apply your
changes to it without completely changing the file format?  Send a patch
that actually applies to the distribution?  (I can't believe Tom puts up
with this day in and day out, as maintainer...)

(I tried expanding the tabs in GridText.c first, but the patch was still
completely rejected, 7 out of 7 hunks failed.)

I wonder if the mailing list did it.  Here is a TAB:    did it come
through unmodified?