Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:12:46 -0500 (EST)

> Can you please download the dev.11 source, unmodified, and apply your
> changes to it without completely changing the file format?  Send a patch
> that actually applies to the distribution?  (I can't believe Tom puts up
> with this day in and day out, as maintainer...)
>
> (I tried expanding the tabs in GridText.c first, but the patch was still
> completely rejected, 7 out of 7 hunks failed.)
>
> I wonder if the mailing list did it.  Here is a TAB:  did it come
> through unmodified?

LP's patches come with tabs expanded to spaces, a trailing blank on each
line and one leading blank removed.  It would be nice if they were
simpler to apply, but since his changes are generally good, I do take
the time to clean the diff's up and apply them.  (I do this by tweaking
the filenames to match, using diffstat and "patch -l --dry-run" to see
when I've got those consistent, and then diff'ing the new/original files
to iron out the whitespace).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com