lynx-dev DJGPP build (problem with configure)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev DJGPP build (problem with configure)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:39:35 +0300 (MSK)

13-Oct-2002 10:40 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> lynx_cfg.h, when "configure" is run. I don't know if anyone is still
> trying to compile lynx in DJGPP without running configure. The hand
> constructed make files for DOS haven't been looked at or changed by me
> in over a year (since DJGPP was brought into the configure mechanism).
>                             Doug

Doug and Tom,

I was trying to run configure on a DOS 8+3 box using djgpp port of bash.
Unfortunately, lynx configure script fails (while diffstat's configure
runs OK). Lynx INSTALLATION file doesn't bring a light on the subject,
it is a clean 2.8.5dev.11

<<<Here the config.log:>>>
configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:673: checking host system type

<<<and the stderr output>>>

rmdir: `/dev/c/tools/djgpp/tmp/config-guess-7566': Permission denied (EACCES)
./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2002-10-21, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/

If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <address@hidden> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2002-10-21

uname -m = unknown