Re: lynx-dev DJGPP build (problem with configure)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DJGPP build (problem with configure)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:15:38 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Well, with shell utilities I went further but still fails:
>
> <<<script>>>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     CFLAGS="-O2 -I../djgpp/pdcur24 -I../djgpp/watt32/inc" \
>     LIBS="-L../djgpp/pdcur24/lib -L../djgpp/watt32/lib" \
>     ./configure \
>     --with-screen=pdcurses \
>     --enable-prettysrc \
>     --enable-source-cache \
>     --with-zlib
>
> <<<stderr output, last lines>>>
> checking for X11/Xaw/SimpleMenu.h in /usr/local... no
> configure: warning: Unable to successfully find Athena header files with test
> program
> cheking for -lXaw_s -lXmu_s in /usr/local... no
> configure: error: Unable to successfully link Athena library (-lXaw) with
> test program

The problem is that the configure script uses "screen=pdcurses"
exclusively for the X11 build. I don't think that choice was even
mentioned in the INSTALLATION file until recently. Try compiling with
"--with-screen=curses" and it should work.

We should probably do something about the pdcurses section of
configure, since it isn't really a general choice for pdcurses.

I don't know if it will help, but here is the script that I use to
configure lynx:

#!/bin/sh
CFLAGS="-I/djgpp/pdcur24 -I/djgpp/watt32/inc -DIGNORE_CTRL_C" \
LIBS="-L/djgpp/pdcur24/lib -L/djgpp/watt32/lib -lintl -liconv -lwmemu" \
./configure  \
--with-screen=curses \
--disable-full-paths \
--disable-dired-override \
--enable-addrlist-page \
--enable-change-exec \
--enable-cgi-links \
--enable-charset-choice \
--enable-color-style \
--enable-exec-links \
--enable-externs \
--enable-file-upload \
--enable-nls \
--enable-prettysrc \
--enable-read-eta \
--enable-source-cache \
--enable-nested-tables \
--with-zlib \
--with-ssl

Note that if you compile with "-DIGNORE_CTRL_C", you will be able to
break out of stuck connections without exiting lynx by using CTRL-C,
even when "z" doesn't work. You can still abort by using ALT-X as your
SIGQUIT key.
                       Doug

--
Doug Kaufman