Re: lynx-dev Windows problem

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Windows problem
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:25:03 -0200 (E. South America Daylight Time)

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> It goes into the temp directory if no HOME environment
> variable is found.

Couldn't lynx use HOMEPATH if HOME isn't set ? Does it exist on
all Windows and DOS ?

> I see why you get the bookmark file in the directory that you
> do, but Dale said that when he set "home=g:\lynx", it went
> into g:\lynx\temp.

Dale, can you reproduce it ?

> I don't see how that can happen, unless the getenv() function
> is case sensitive and sees "home" as different from "HOME".

I tested with g:\browsers. It works as expected.

> Can you test where the bookmark and lynxrc files are placed
> if you specify a "HOME" environment variable or a "home"
> environment variable? This should be an absolute path.

I tested with set HOME=c:\Program Files\Lynx and set
TEMP=c:\Temp (and home and temp). They work as expected.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}