Re: lynx-dev FHS ?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FHS ?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:27:27 -0500

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 07:07:08PM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > What about using "share" and not "lib" for libdir ?
>
> I mean, what about using datadir and not libdir (by default)
> for such files.

actually a close reading of the text indicates that the lynx.cfg file
belongs in /etc, which in fact is where system installers put it.
But that in turn subcumbed to Redhat-disease (a proliferation of
directories under /etc).  Let's leave the packagers to their plight.

(since NONE of the packages pay any attention to the lynx makefile
when installing, it doesn't make any sense to try to appease one
faction).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net