Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:35:52 -0500

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:13:03PM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> On Sun Dec 29 18:40:52 2002 Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 05:00:56PM +0100, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> >> OK, at least having understood this problem and how to deal with it I
> >> could say
> >> I am satisfied, and I won't continue the discussion :-)
> >
> >It was a useful bug report - turns out that it was something that I would
> >have
> >fixed if I'd noticed it.  There's a diff on
> >     ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/
> >to cover the changes I made this morning.
> >
> I build Lynx with your patch and I can confirm that it works as expected for
> me.
>
> At the same time I noticed two things, one prevously mentioned and one new.
>
> 1.Even if I specify an external editor I am not able to bring it up in a
>   TEXTAREA field.

There are possibly different key bindings.  I don't use this much, but was
just now able to run the external editor with control/X followed by 'e'.

> 2.From before when I meet the META tag REFRESH I have noticed that Lynx never
>   continues, but I have to click myself for it to continue, eg. when I go to
>
>   http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db
>
> I get the following line:
>
> REFRESH(0 sec): http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db/login_screen.cgi
>
> and the file http://www.udgaard.com/New/dvd_db/index.html presently has this:
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0; URL=login_screen.cgi">
> <HTML>
> </HTML>

I don't see this (may depend on routing).  I do see the "REFRESH(0 sec" line
and a link which takes me to the login screen.  Attaching a portion of the
corresponding trace, which may be of use.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net